Business of Dentistry Theatre
22nd November 2019
Niels Van Der Valk
10:00am - 4:15pm
£0.00 per attendee
CPD Hours: 4.5
Course Code: DMA1904
DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES: B C
10:00 - 10:45
Myofunctional Orthodontics; Insight into evaluating and treating malocclusion at an early age 5-10 presented by Niels van Der Valk, Myofunctional Research
Attendees will learn of a modern approach to the diagnosis of breathing and myofunctional problems and how myofunctional appliances can be used to treat soft tissue dysfunctions to provide an effective, early and minimally invasive orthodontic treatment for patients between 5-15 years.
- Soft tissue dysfunction and identifying the underlying causes of malocclusion
- Learn about Myofunctional Orthodontics and how to use it
- Understand breathing and myofunctional problems that limit facial growth
10:45 - 11:15
Are you tax efficient? presented by Sophie Kwiatkowski, PFM Dental
More information TBC
11:15 - 12:00
12:00 - 12:45
The challenges of running a clinical business presented by Dental Protection
More information TBC
12:45 - 13:30
How to grow your plan numbers presented by Christine Smethurst, Patient Plan Direct
A dental plan is a proven means of nurturing patient loyalty, encouraging preventative dentistry and improving cash flow thanks to the reassurance of recurring income. This session will help you foster key communication tactics and tools to nurture the growth of a healthy base of plan patients.
- Understand the importance of dental payment plans for patients and practice
- Identify your patient journey and how this is important for plan uptake
- Analyse best practice from a live client
13:30 - 14:30
14:30 - 15:15
What’s Your Magic Number? How to Plan and Live Your Ideal Retirement presented by Matt Rhodes, Capstone Financial Management Ltd
Matt heads up the dental division of Capstone Financial and will be presenting on the challenges dentists face with managing their private and NHS pensions; offering guidance on how to maximise allowances pre-retirement whilst avoiding any unexpected tax charges. He will also be sharing how he has helped numerous dental practitioners transition into retirement and give insight into how you can build multiple income streams that let you achieve the retirement you desire.
- How to maximise your allowances pre-retirement and ensure annual and lifetime tax charges aren’t exceeded.
- Understanding the NHS pension scheme changes and whether to opt in or out, real life case study presented.
- How to maintain a good lifestyle in retirement by building a diversified income stream, while paying less tax.
*Please note all attendees will be offered access to free cash flow modelling to create your own personal retirement plan
15:15 - 15:45
15:45 - 16:30
Presented by Portman Dental Care
Please see course details for more information on how to book the Business of Dentistry theatre 10:00 - 16:15 for free today.