Core CPD Update Day 2 Room 2
25th January 2020
9:30am - 4:45pm
£29.00 per attendee
CPD Hours: 6
Course Code: DLO2001D
DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES: A B C D
09:30 - 10:30
Medical Emergencies presented by Phillip Lewis
10:30 - 11:15
11:15 - 13:15
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
This session satisfies Level 3 requirements
Members of the whole dental team are in a position where they may observe the signs of child abuse or hear something that causes them concern about a child. The General Dental Council (GDC) states that the dental team have an ethical responsibility to be aware of local procedures for child protection and vulnerable adults.
- This course aims to update participants on issues relating to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
13:15 - 14:15
14:15 - 15:15
The aim of this talk is to update the dental practitioner on the principles of radiation protection and its application in dental practice. With the emergence of Cone Beam CT, an overview of this imaging modality will be presented together with the implications for the dental practitioner. Finally, the selection criteria in dental radiography has recently been updated, and a review of the selection criteria for two and three dimensional imaging will be provided.
By the end of the course, participants should understand
- The risks of ionising radiation and methods of dose reduction
- The principle of Cone Beam CT and its application in dentistry
- The use of selection criteria in dental radiography
15:15 - 15:45
15:45 - 16:45
Legal & Ethics
To provide delegates with an update on the ethical and legal responsibilities of a dental registrant.
- To understand the ethical issues in dentistry
- To appreciate how the law impacts on all dental registrants
- To understand the common causes of dental complaints, how to manage, avoid and learn from them
-To appreciate the basic principles and requirements for writing quality records.
Please see course details for more information and to book online for £19 plus VAT.