25th January 2020
9:30am - 4:45pm
£29.00 per attendee
CPD Hours: 6
Course Code: DLO2002B
DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES: B C D
09:30 - 11:00
IR(ME)R presented by Brenda Murray
The safe and effective use of radiation for diagnostic purposes is fundamental to patient protection. The Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations require all practitioners and operators to undertake continuing education and training.
The course will cover the fundamentals of IRR17 and IRMER17 and will be interspersed with interesting cases highlighting key principles in diagnosis and interpretation.
- To provide an update on IRR17 and IRMER17,applicable to dental radiography
- To provide practical ways of ensuring compliance with the regulations
By the end of the course participants should understand:
- Principles of radiation physics
- Risks of ionising radiation, the principles of radiation protection and dose reduction in dental radiography
- Statutory responsibilities for dental practitioners
- Changes in the regulations applicable to dental radiography
11:00 - 11:45
11:45 - 13:15
13:15 - 14:15
14:15 - 15:15
15:15 - 15:45
15:45 - 16:45
Please see course details for more information and to book online for £19 plus VAT.