Professional Dentistry is pleased to reveal the latest edition of Dental CPD Now, which will be available to read later this month.
Dental CPD Now covers a range of the most essential topics for all dental practitioners, including the GDC’s highly recommended topics.
Often referred to as the ‘Core’ topics, these include:
- Oral medicine: Lumps and swellings in the mouth
- New periodontal classification system
- Medical emergencies – defibrillators to the rescue!
- Recent changes in dental x-ray equipment regulations
- Risk factors for Periodontal Disease
- GDC’s ethical guidance on social media and advertising
- A guide to resuscitation and emergency life support
- Child abuse and dental neglect
- Mouth cancer diagnosis
- Financial management in dental practice
- Dementia in dentistry
- Diagnosis of dental pain
- Root canal morphology
- The development and management of dentine carious lesions
- Impairment in adults: systemic disease
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Enhanced CPD guidance
- Saliva and the control of plaque pH
- Using cognitive behaviour techniques for anxious patients
This high priority content was curated by our editor-in-chief Stephen Hancocks O.B.E.
MA BDS LDS DDPH MCCD FFGDP RCS (Eng)
As well as being a dentist, Stephen is also a writer, editor, publisher and performer. He left clinical practice after a number of years preferring to work in dental writing, editing and publishing.
Currently Editor-in-Chief of the British Dental Journal and immediate past Editor of the International Dental Journal, Stephen also co-owns his own publishing company, Stephen Hancocks Limited which amongst other publications provides CPD for the whole dental team.
Stephen was appointed OBE in the Birthday Honours in 1997 for services to the dental profession.
The expert authors who contributed to Dental CPD Now 2019 include::
- Stephen Hancocks O.B.E.
- Glenys Bridges
- J E Frencken
- Michael Edgar
- Susan M Higham
All the content of Dental CPD Now will be available to read for FREE.
To earn CPD certificates and claim up to 20 verifiable CPD hours that contribute to completing your eCPD requirements, upgrade to the paid version. Click here to upgrade.
Benefits of upgrading:
- Complete a quiz and gain a certificate as CPD documentation for each individual chapter.
- Use your CPD Portal account to record all your training in one place, including Professional Dentistry conferences and CPD from other providers.
- Create a development plan to reflect and decide on further training needs.
- Get instant access to further CPD products.
Click here to log in or create your FREE CPD Portal account and upgrade to the paid version of your CPD E-Publication.